Thursday, December 8, 2011

Well, awesome...

It's a sad day indeed when you realize that your boyfriend--who is by profession a scientist and should therefore, truth be told, have the written communication skills of a rock--is not only a great writer capable of expressing thoroughly entertaining and thought-provoking ideas and emotions within a variety of diverse subjects, but that he is in fact a better, more clever, more articulate, more creative writer than you, the soon-to-be graduate with a masters in journalism.

And he has no "training."

Yeah, can someone please remind me why it was a good idea to plunge myself into debt for a graduate degree? 'Cause I'm feeling pretty darn foolish right about now...

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad, I've been in that boat. Very similar boat, actually, the guy was studying physics.

    But you and I both know it's a very different kind of writing that you can do. Plus, hello, you created a magazine. As great as he is, D can't do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having now read several examples of both your writing and Daniel's, I can say (from my minutes and minutes of experience with your writing and his) that a comparison of the 2 leads me more to the conclusion that you have very different writing styles than to the conclusion that one or the other of you is a better writer. And, for what it's worth, I am of the opinion that money spent on education is rarely, if ever, wasted. :-)

    ReplyDelete